Will be sold before the courthouse door in the town of Cartersville, Bartow county, Georgia, on the first Tuesday in September next, within the legal hours of sale, what is known as the
BENNETT CONYER’S PLACE,
Three miles Southwest of Cartersville, and bounded on the Southwest by the Etowah River, and otherwise by the lands of Lewis Tumlin, Dr. Robert M. Young, and others, containing one thousand acres, more or less, Six hundred acres of which is in a high state of cultivation, and of the best quality of corn, wheat and cotton land; there are about two hundred acres of first quality river bottom land, the balance what is known as table land, and, by many, regarded as the best land in this section of the country. The road from Cartersville to Douthitt’s Ferry divides the land about equally, leaving a settlement on each side of the road, with comfortable Dwelling Houses, Negro cabins, and outhouses on each. The place will be sold in two settlements as divided by the aforesaid road.—The timbered land will be sold so as to give about equal quantities to each settlement. The plantation is all under good fencing, and in a high state of cultivation. There is, also, a considerable orchard on the place of apple and peach trees. This is altogether one of the most desirable plantations in Bartow County. Property sold by authority of the Will of the Testator. Terms: one half cash. Balance payable in two equal annual payments of one and two years; bond given for titles, and when all the purchase money is paid, deed will be made. – The land can be seen or particulars obtained, by calling on or addressing C. B. Conyers, Cartersville, Ga., or M. L. Pritchett, on the premises.
M. L. Pritchett, Administrator of Bennett H. Conyers, deceased, with will annexed.
July 12, 1870.