The History of Poplar Springs Church

 
 
Submitted by:  ; Transcribed by: 
 

Poplar Springs United Methodist Church was established in 1838. The first building was made of logs with dirt floors. Through the years remodeling was done until the church was a beautiful place to worship.

In April 1981, the church building became a victim of arson and was completely destroyed. Everyone who had worked so hard was heart-broken.

Members of Poplar Springs were at a loss about what to do. The City of Adairsville was generous enough to allow services to be held temporarily in the reception building. It was very cold in the winter but services were held by a faithful few.

After much prayer, trust in Jesus Christ, many cake bakes, and other hard work services could be held in the basement of the partially completed building in March 1982. The building was quickly finished and has been a source of pride for all its members.

 

GO TO: Text Site Map
 
Bartow GenWeb Regulars:
Coordinator & webmaster:  Arlene Woody
Asst. Coordinator & Proj. Leader:  Jane Thompson
Web developer & Transcriber:  Jan Sherrouse
Newspaper Project:  Laurel Baty
Historical Resource:  Carolyn Ward
Auditor:  Jean Taylor

Home
Bartow GenWeb Coordinator:   
Georgia GenWeb State Coordinator: Vivian Saffold

          ©2002 - 2010 Arlene Woody

Last modified: March 28, 2006